Illinois leads the nation in cracking down on drunk drivers. Keep informed of the latest DUI news. If you have been arrested for a DUI in Illinois, call an Illinois DUI Attorney at The Law Offices of Dennis F. Dwyer.
Our DUI web crawler has found the following DUI news in Illinois:
- Respecting voting rights for jail detainees doesn't 'coddle criminals': Sun-Times editorialLet’s be clear: This bill does nothing of the sort. Jail detainees have not been convicted of any crime.
- Fugitive's taunting of sheriff on social media leads to his arrest | Crime | daily-journal.comKANKAKEE — Beware. The long arm of the law can reach out of Kankakee County, the state of Illinois and the United States and grab you if you flee justice.
- Deerfield Assault Weapon Ban Set For Final Approval | Deerfield, IL PatchVote On Assault Weapons Ban Could Come Tuesday - Deerfield, IL - Owners of the prohibited firearms will have 60 days from Tuesday to get rid of them if trustees approve the amendment as expected.
- Chicago carjacking: It's time for a new law to make the streets saferCarjackings are on the rise in the city and the suburbs. It's time for authorities to step in and make the streets safer.
- Sessions sends Illinois four more federal prosecutors to focus on violent crime | Chicago Sun-TimesThe assignments are part of the Justice Department's Project Safe Neighborhoods program.
- High costs associated with DUIs 'meant to be a deterrent' (w/ video) | News-Gazette.comIt's been 364 days since Eric Brady lost his wife to a drunk driver. Esteban Tomas, 33, plowed into the passenger side of Jeannie Brady's car about one hour into the new year as she was heading home to Mahomet on Interstate 74.Within a few minutes, she was dead and Brady's life was forever changed.
- Authorities planning New Year's DUI checkpoints, increasing enfo - WSIL-TV 3 Southern IllinoisWILLIAMSON CO. -- Authorities plan to increase enforcement during the New Year's weekend as part of an effort to create safer roads.
- More than 200 new Illinois laws take effect with the new year - Chicago TribuneThe fireworks in Springfield didn’t stop when the budget war ended. More than 200 new state laws will take effect Jan. 1, changing what people can and can’t do in Illinois next year.
- With the new year come new laws in Illinois - WREX.com – Rockford’s News LeaderWith a new year comes several new laws in the state of Illinois. In fact, about 200 new laws will take affect in 2018.
- Illinois: Police Arrest Grab and Run Suspect After Warning On Social Media - The Gazette Review
- Residents Advised Of Recent Car Thefts, Burglaries: Sheriff | Hinsdale, IL PatchHinsdale-Clarendon Hills, IL - The DuPage County Sheriff's Office is asking residents to be vigilant in securing their vehicles and homes.
- It's The Deadliest Driving Day Of The Year: 'Blackout Wednesday' | Winnetka, IL PatchWinnetka-Glencoe, IL - Stay safe for "Drinksgiving" one of the busiest nights for bars — and cops looking for drunk drivers.
- Illinois Thanksgiving 2017 Travel Guide | Plainfield, IL PatchPlainfield, IL - Here's a look at what you should expect if you're traveling for Thanksgiving 2017 in Illinois.
- Fresh Start seeks fresh influx of funds | IllinoisHomepageCHAMPAIGN-URBANA, Ill. (WCIA) -- A program helping criminals get their lives back on track is starting its second year.
- Chicago's gun trace report overlooks commonsense steps - Chicago TribuneThe Gun Trace Report released by the city of Chicago contains some important kernels of truth. Sadly, the report's misguided solutions will, with a few exceptions, do nothing to end the mayhem.
- 'Gun Trace Report' has recommendations for Illinois lawmakers | Chicago Sun-TimesThe report calls for comprehensive background checks on private gun sales and a system “to track firearm transfers from one lawful owner to the next.”
- Hammond's new traffic camera technology nabs robbery suspect | Crime and Courts | nwitimes.comHAMMOND — New traffic camera technology led police to a suspect connected to multiple home invasions, robberies and one sexual assault in the city and also in Lansing.
- Crime Stoppers tip program is fading away | Local | mywebtimes.comThe Crimes Stoppers tip program is falling by the wayside, perhaps another victim of Facebook.
- Editorial: Asset forfeiture changes a move toward fairness - Journal Courier
- DUI Labor Day Arrests Decrease in Oak Lawn - Oak Lawn, IL PatchOak Lawn, IL - Oak Lawn police announce results of 2017 Labor Day DUI enforcement campaign.
- Lake County DUI patrols started this week and go through Labor Day holiday - Lake County News-SunDUI and seat belt patrols have already begun by several police departments as part of the Labor Day holiday special patrols.
- Illinois concealed-carry permit applications in declineConcealed-carry permit applications in Illinois have been declining since the program began in 2014, according to the Illinois State Police.
- Fatal crashes down in Illinois 20 years after .08 law | SaukValley.comSPRINGFIELD (AP) – Illinois is marking the 20th anniversary of legislation that lowered the drunken driving limit to .08 blood-alcohol concentration.