Illinois leads the nation in cracking down on drunk drivers. Keep informed of the latest DUI news. If you have been arrested for a DUI in Illinois, call an Illinois DUI Attorney at The Law Offices of Dennis F. Dwyer.
Our DUI web crawler has found the following DUI news in Illinois:
- Fresh Start seeks fresh influx of funds | IllinoisHomepageCHAMPAIGN-URBANA, Ill. (WCIA) -- A program helping criminals get their lives back on track is starting its second year.
- Chicago's gun trace report overlooks commonsense steps - Chicago TribuneThe Gun Trace Report released by the city of Chicago contains some important kernels of truth. Sadly, the report's misguided solutions will, with a few exceptions, do nothing to end the mayhem.
- 'Gun Trace Report' has recommendations for Illinois lawmakers | Chicago Sun-TimesThe report calls for comprehensive background checks on private gun sales and a system “to track firearm transfers from one lawful owner to the next.”
- Hammond's new traffic camera technology nabs robbery suspect | Crime and Courts | nwitimes.comHAMMOND — New traffic camera technology led police to a suspect connected to multiple home invasions, robberies and one sexual assault in the city and also in Lansing.
- Crime Stoppers tip program is fading away | Local | mywebtimes.comThe Crimes Stoppers tip program is falling by the wayside, perhaps another victim of Facebook.
- Editorial: Asset forfeiture changes a move toward fairness - Journal Courier
- DUI Labor Day Arrests Decrease in Oak Lawn - Oak Lawn, IL PatchOak Lawn, IL - Oak Lawn police announce results of 2017 Labor Day DUI enforcement campaign.
- Lake County DUI patrols started this week and go through Labor Day holiday - Lake County News-SunDUI and seat belt patrols have already begun by several police departments as part of the Labor Day holiday special patrols.
- Illinois concealed-carry permit applications in declineConcealed-carry permit applications in Illinois have been declining since the program began in 2014, according to the Illinois State Police.
- Fatal crashes down in Illinois 20 years after .08 law | SaukValley.comSPRINGFIELD (AP) – Illinois is marking the 20th anniversary of legislation that lowered the drunken driving limit to .08 blood-alcohol concentration.
- Drunk driving fatalities down in 20 years since Illinois DUI law | Northwest HeraldIllinois implemented its 0.08 DUI legislation 20 years ago and the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) teamed up with Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) and the Alliance Against Intoxicated Motorists at the Illinois State Fair to remind motorists of the law.
- Could New Ballistic Technology Exonerate Man Convicted In 1993 Killing? - Across Illinois, IL PatchAcross Illinois, IL - The same database used to put criminals behind bars could help set an Illinois man free.
- Illinois mandates cybersecurity training for state employeesA new law could save the state up to $9 million through greater awareness of malicious and costly cybersecurity attacks.
- DUI fatality numbers plateau in Illinois | Daily ChronicleSYCAMORE – In the past 30 years, alcohol-related crash fatalities in Illinois have been reduced by about 60 percent, and they’ve been nearly halved in the past 15 years.
- Cook County to stop prosecuting some traffic offenses because it lacks resources, Foxx's office says - Chicago TribuneCiting a lack of manpower, the Cook County State's Attorney's office plans to stop prosecuting certain traffic offenses.
- Illinois House Committee Moves Strict New Gun-Dealer Regulations Forward - Washington Free Beacon
- Cook County Jail inmates can order hot pizza delivered to their cells - Chicago TribuneLife in Cook County Jail just got a little bit more like the college dorm experience, thanks to Sheriff Tom Dart.
- Rauner targets hate crimeNews,[email protected]
- Journal Courier | Editorial: Forfeiture use ensnares more than criminals
- Illinois Senate advances plan to crack down on repeat gun felons - Chicago TribuneA revamped plan to crack down on gun crimes amid a spike of street violence in Chicago was approved by the Illinois Senate Thursday
- Pistons guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope arrested on suspicion...Detroit Pistons' star guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope was arrested early Wednesday on suspicion of drunken driving in Auburn Hills, officials confirmed.
- Raising retail crime threshold lessens its gravity - Herald-Whig -GOV. Bruce Rauner formed the Illinois State Commission on Criminal Justice and Sentencing Reform in February 2015 and tasked it with making recommendations to reduce the state's prison population by 25 percent by 2025. The ambitious goal was made necessar